Nepalese Visa Information
Foreigner, who intends to visit Nepal, must hold valid passport or any travel document equivalent to passport issued by the Govt. for visiting a foreign country prior to apply for visa.
Download Visa Form here
a) Entry: No foreigner can enter and stay in Nepal without valid visa. Nepalese visa can be obtained from Nepalese Embassy or Consulate of the traveler’s country. Traveler’s also can get the visa to Nepal on arrival to Nepal from the immigration section of the entry points.
Popular Entry Points to Nepal:
Kathmandu:Tribhuvan International Airport
borders via land: Birgunj, Sunauli, Kakadvitta, Nepalgunj, Krishnanagar and Pashupatinagar among others
Chinese border via land: Kodari
b) Chinese citizen are requested to apply in Nepalese Embassy or other Nepalese diplomatic missions, as there is no provision of on arrival visa for them.
c) Indian Nationals do not need the visa. However, they need to carry their identification card with photo while traveling to Nepal.
(d) The citizens of SAARC nations do not require Nepalese visa for the first thirty days of their visit to Nepal
Please feel free and get download your Nepal Visa Form our Website Nepal Tourist Visa Form for Traveler
Visa Fee to visitors who are entering Nepal for the first time in a visa year (Jan-Dec):
- US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days
- US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days
- US $ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days
d) Visa Extension Fee:
- US $ 2 or equivalent Nepalese currency per day
- Additional US $ 20 or equivalent Nepalese currency on visa fee, if Multiple Entry facility is required for the extended period
- If foreign visitors that havent renewed their visa want to renew their visa, they have to pay additional Nepalese currency equivalent to US 3$ on the regular visa extension fee.
3. Late fee for regularizing tourist visa:
- US$2 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the first 30 days
- US$3 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the next 31 to 90 days
- US$5 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for more than 90 days
4. Free visa for
- Children below 10 yrs.
- Descendants up to the age of 16 years, holding foreign passports, of Nepalese parents or either of their parent is a Nepalese citizen.
- Citizen of Nepali origin, after having obtained passport for the first time from a Nepal based foreign mission, until the period of his departure to a foreign country.
Some Important information to tourist: Dont or Dos
- A tourist may stay in Nepal up to 150 days in a visa year (Jan-Dec).
- A tourist must extend his/her visa before expiry of the visa validity period.
- A tourist who does not comply with these regulations may be liable of fine and other prosecution as provided in Immigration Act and Rules.
- A Foreigner having obtained tourist visa shall not allowed to work with or without receiving remuneration.
- A foreigner shall not be allowed to carry out any work other than that for which purpose s/he has obtained the visa.